Testosterone is an androgen in men that is responsible for a number of functions. It not only increases sex drive and sperm production but also adds to muscle tissue, bone mass and fat distribution. Often times a hormonal imbalance can result in low stamina, endurance and strength. Your muscles can become weak or less lean.
This is why it is important to maintain a good level of testosterone in your body.
Testosterone can easily be boosted if your diet is inclusive of healthy elements. But before we move on to those foods that you can take on a testosterone booster diet, we will briefly discuss why diet plays such a significant role in the body. This will help establish the link between a healthy diet and boosted hormonal levels.
Why Diet plays a Pivotal Role in Body?
Our diet is significantly connected with our bodily health. The more healthy we eat, the better the body is with its bodily functions. So instead of reaching the drugstore tablets or over-the-counter supplements, the first step to fix the body is by improving the diet. This helps you maintain your health, reduces the risk of diseases promotes overall wellbeing. The hormonal balance is especially associated with diet so that your body gets the required nutrients and their benefits!
Now we will move on to tell you about some of the best foods that can help you amp up your testosterone levels.
Best Foods For Boosting Testosterone Levels:
As we have already discussed, diet is key component in keeping hormonal levels balanced.
Below are listed some of the best foods for boosting testosterone levels. These foods have scientific backing for their effectiveness, thus we are including a short list of the items that can benefit your body on a daily basis!
- Tuna fish is one of the seafood sources for boosting testosterone. The reason for this is high Vit D content. It is full of proteins and healthy nutrients. You can try out sardines, salmon or other kind of fish if you are not a fan of tuna.
- Egg yolks have been known for higher nutrition level due to being the core protein element in eggs. They are also rich sources of Vit D. If you do not have any cholesterol issues, you can easily consume eggs on a daily basis.
- Oysters have zinc in large amounts. This is the reason many testosterone boosting supplements also include Oysters as an ingredient. So if you’re looking for testo-booster stuff, Oysters are a definitely good option for including in diet.
- Shellfish is also full of zinc. So this zinc content can help to regulate your hormonal levels and even boost Testosterone productivity level in your body.
- Beef in moderate amounts can provide you with the necessary libido kick. Some cuts and portions of beef are more beneficial than others. For instance, beef liver is jam-packed with Vit D, Chuck roast and ground beef are good sources of zinc. So beef can be a good meat to consume.
- Beans have a lot of variety and options. You can have white, red or black beans. The options are numerous. The good thing about beans is their nutritional level with Vit D, Zinc and other additional content like plant-based proteins. Beans offer a number of good benefits along with a boosted testosterone level.
- Spinach is one of the cruciferous vegetables, along with broccoli, that can help build up a good testosterone production level in your body. Spinach is rich with Magnesium, nitrates, zinc, omega 3 fatty acids, nitrates, etc., so it can significantly boost testo levels.
- Ginger is one of the foods that has also been researched and reported to increase testosterone levels. The libido action is enhanced by ginger.
- Potatoes have various types and variety including sweet potatoes, white potatoes, russets, red potato, purple potato, etc. They have a high content of testosterone-boosting carbohydrates. This is why they are suggested as a good source.
- Macadamia nuts are rich sources of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, which help in testosterone production levels. Also, they are relatively low in polyunsaturated fats that lower testo levels, so this is an added factor.
- Raisins are full of boron and resveratrol. Both these components are essential in the synthesis of testosterone, so raisins are a good idea for including in your testosterone booster list.
- Garlic contains allicin, which increases blood flow in the body and also lowers the stress hormone Cortisol levels. Cortisol basically competes with Testosterone for certain cells parts. So when Cortisol is lowered, the testosterone in your body gets the chance to amp up its production levels.
- Onions are packed with beneficial vitamins and nutrients. It has antioxidant properties that help to boost the sperm and testosterone production levels significantly. This action takes place by neutralisation of free radicals in the testes.
- Brazil Nuts are rich in selenium. Selenium has potent antioxidant properties that help boost testo levels, sperm motility and production, etc.
- Olive Oil may not exactly be your idea of food. But including this in your diet can provide you with a lot of HDL, that is, good cholesterol. It also helps reduce bad cholesterol in the body. Olive oil is rich in healthy fats including monounsaturated fats. This is why it has awesome testosterone boosting capabilities.
- Seafood also is one of the many foods that offers multiple vitamins and rich content. Nuts, different vegetables and fruits are also a good option. These foods can provide you with good health benefits without resorting to any chemicals from the drugstore products or supplements. Using natural sources of boosting hormonal levels is safe and effective. This is because natural diet intake does not pose any side effects as such and only changes the body’s procedure in an organic way.
Only include products in your diet that seem to work for you. Maintain a moderation with key ingredients of your diet, as excess of something can be harmful too. If you have any allergies or health problems, it is better to consult your nutritionist or physician rather than experimenting with your body.