What’s so good about CrossFit?
What is CrossFit all about?
CrossFit is one of its kind global program having approximately 12,000 locations. They have superior hardcore trainers with years of experience in training a full-body workout that can make anyone look like a superhero. It has become one of the largest chains of the gym since last 15 years. Their motto is to ‘create the body not only for known but also for the unknown as well’.
It is not just a usual exercise or aerobics program but it is a specialized program including hardcore training exercises like weight lifting, strength training, speed training, gymnastics, focusing on strengthening a certain muscle, etc. which would help you to see the effective results in no time. Overall, it’s a regime of the tough body that helps in enhancing the mind’s speed, mental balance, accuracy at work, flexibility, stamina building, muscular strength, etc.
Each of the exercises included in this program requires minimum 5 to maximum 15 minutes to complete. The whole regime is designed in a routine circuit form in which one exercise is followed by the another set of exercises. The workout program is scheduled to 3-5 days a week pattern in order to tone the body shape dynamically.
Exercises in CrossFit
There are different exercises included in this whole CrossFit program like squatting, pushing, pulling, running, etc. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Power Cleaning is a full strengthening exercise which executes with a systematic plan of power cleaning. It initiates with the pulling of a weighted bar from the floor and then making it in the form of your shoulders with the help of quick and inertia force in a forceful way. Power Cleaning is a full strengthening exercise which executes with a systematic plan of power cleaning. Firstly you have to lift the weight bar from the floor and bring it to the level of your shoulders with full force.
- Burpees It is a body weight exercise. First, you have to bend down and place your hands on the floor in front of you. Then jump yourself back in a plank position so that your chest can touch the floor. Then you need to raise up yourself from shoulders for push-up position and bring your feet towards your hand. After this, you need to jump back to restore the upright position while lifting your hand in the air.
- Thruster It also includes putting up the weighted bar in front of your shoulders and then performing squats in such a way that both of your thighs becomes parallel to one another. Then you have to stand up again while lifting the weight bar over your head.
- Snatch It is also about pulling off a weighted bar but it is being pulled directly from the floor over to your head with the help of both of your arms held in a line.
All of these above-mentioned exercises are having some variations in between with the combination of several push-ups, jumping, etc. in order to make it exciting for you and the person do not get tired easily.
There are different trainers for the program and here are the details of their training session.
|Barbara||Circuits = 5 which includes 20 pull-ups, 30 push-ups, 40 sit-ups, and 50 body weight only squats with a rest of only 3 minutes in between.|
|Angie||100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 bodyweight-only squats performed in a row.|
|Murph||1 mile run along with 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, and 300 body weight squats.|
|Jackie||1000 meter row with 50 thrusters having selected weight bars, and 30 pull-ups: preferably performed without any rest in between.|
The diet plan made by CrossFit’s expert and registered dieticians and nutritionists contains 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 30% fats. You can obtain all this with a limited consumption of meat, green vegetables, nuts, herbs, seeds, fruits, to meet the set requirements. However, sugar is a big NO for everyone enrolled in the program.
How to perform Cross Fit’s physical exercises?
It can be performed in two general ways which are as follows:
- Through CrossFit affiliation
Doing it on your own requires some basic knowledge of good physical fitness, as well as knowing how to safely perform each exercise. The WOD physical exercises can be done at almost any fitness facility area or at home if you have certain exercises equipment.
If you are not sure and confused about doing it yourself, or you are not consistent and motivated enough to do it on your own; then, join CrossFit affiliation for workouts performed in a group setting which is available in more than 2500 locations worldwide. It is a 1-month starting course where you will get proper training for each of the exercise.
- CrossFit workouts are highly intense and tough which does not take a very long period of time to meet your fitness goals. So, it’s best to get dramatic results in less time. This program does not require long training sessions or exercise programs to make your muscles and bones stronger and shed off the extra fats. The rigorous workout plan allows you to get those 6 packs in less than a month.
- If someone is from athletic or sports background then he or she would enjoy more as the exercises are designed similar to it.
- Variations in exercise circuits are one of the most beneficial things which increase your excitement level, make you feel motivated and you never get bored at all. It is one of the most prominent reasons which make this whole program stand out among other health regime programs.
- Most of the exercises are so easy that it can be done even at home once you buy some of the inexpensive equipment. So, there is no reason left for an excuse.
- Free membership is also available and an Online Journal which is published annually costing around $25 only a year. This journal guides you how and when to exercise.
- CrossFit also has some programs fully dedicated towards sports like gymnastics, football, etc.
- Possibilities of injury and muscular problems are high if you haven’t performed in any of these high intense workouts before. Not only performing them is hard, but also the after-effects make you upset like fatigue or nausea due to tiredness and weakness in the body.
- The exercises in this workout regime highly need an accredited and expert coach who can properly train you in weight lifting. You will also need a specific kind of workout session as per your body requirements and for that again you need a personal trainer. Also, you must have a prior basic strength training experience as this hardcore session is tough for soft muscles which can easily get damaged.
- CrossFit is extremely expensive which is certainly not affordable for everyone. As it costs around $100+ for a month’s membership and in some of the cities it cost around up to $300+ for the same case.
Highlights of the CrossFit program
- The Cross Workout of the Day – WOD
It is one of the prominent highlighting features of the CrossFit program that includes posting your workout videos daily on their official website daily as viewers find it really informative.
Like all of the other exercise routines, CrossFit has advantages and limitations as well. The workouts are fast-paced, challenging, and constantly varied.
If you are healthy and can sustain a tough workout environment, then give it a try.
If you are out of shape or just beginning any exercise program then join CrossFit affiliate rather than doing it on your own to receive the suitable personalized attention. It is better to consult your doctor first before starting a rigorous regime .