Many people feel blue and sad at times. Being sad is normal as we always don’t get what we want. Sometimes our plans shatter in front of our very eyes; our all hard struggle gets in vain. So in these circumstances, it’s normal for a person to feel sad for a moment. But it doesn’t mean that you stick to it forever, lose all hope and start feeling worthless, thinking that you are never going to move on. That intense feeling of sadness and hopelessness is called depression.
It longs for more than 2-3 weeks or may be even longer. That behavior or thinking is not normal because it is something beyond sadness and it needs doctors’ council. The symptoms of depression are seen quite common in teens. They mostly suffer from adolescent depression, thinking that they are alone and no one is going to understand them. Depression has many types and symptoms as well as medication and treatment. By going through the symptoms and its type, you get to know that what sort of treatment is needed to the patient.
KINDS OF DEPRESSION
- Double Depression – It is the condition in which a person faces a low grade but a chronic depression.
- Secondary Depression – It’s the condition that a person develops after his bad medical condition is revealed to him like AIDS, BULIMIA, and STROKES etc.
- Treatment Resistant Depression- It’s the kind of depression that does not respond to any treatment that is being done for this. It builds up the resistance against the antidepressants or other treatment that are being taken.
SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
National Institute of Mental Health reveals that not all the people suffer same kind of depression. The intensity and lasting of the indications change individually. However, these are some symptoms that the people face during this condition.
- Lack of concentration is likely to appear followed by being forgetful. Moreover, they can’t make any decision.
- They always feel lethargic.
- They always thought that how helpless and hopeless they are.
- Insomnia is likely to appear.
- Lack of interest in pleasurable activities.
- Either start overeating or completely lose their appetite.
- Thoughts of committing suicide. (worst of all)
- Considerable weight gain or lose.
Many depression drugs are the most popular ones but it doesn’t mean that they are as that much effective. It is basically; about the chemical inequity in the brain that leads them to the condition of despair and drowsiness. These drugs are not the durable solution and they also come with different side effects. There are many types of medicines that are available for the treatment of depression.
These medicines are called antidepressants. If someone is using the antidepressant, he/she should be watched closely. Because after taking the medicine some unusual behavior of the patient is prone to appear. Especially the patients with the negative thought of suicide should be kept an eye on. These medicines increase the level of neurotransmitter in brain. These neurotransmitters are supposed to influence the sentiments, emotions and feelings of a person.
Most significant types of antidepressants are:
- Tricycle antidepressant- These antidepressants are use to influence the level of two sorts of neurotransmitters. This medicine has actually some side effects. That’s why it is not the medicine that is used first.
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors- This is yet anther form of medicine. This medicine is used in such a condition in which the person becomes resistant the antidepressants. Components in food like milk, wine or other eatables interrelate with this drug, so it is necessary for the person to follow the strict diet plan. Thus, this is additionally not the drug that is firstly utilized.
- Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (Selective) – This medication change the level of serotonin. This is the new form of drug.
- Serotonin and Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors – Nevertheless, this is also a form of cure. It works by growing the measures of chemicals, serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain.
It is another technique that can help in the healing of depression. In this, the therapist talk to the patient in the cool environment, try to understand that what is going on inside of him. It is also known as talk therapy.
- The therapist task is to figure out the negative concepts and turns them into positive beliefs.
- He adjusts him with his current crisis that leads him to depression.
- Suggest him to develop positive relation with others.
- Motivate him to stand and fight from his problems.
- Teach him to tolerate the distress conditions.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DEPRESSION
- Exercise on daily basis is the best remedy for depression. However, it boosts the brain chemicals like endorphin and serotonin that helps you to trigger your mood. Antidepressants do the same though. Half an hour walk is enough but if you want maximum and fast results extend it to 1 hour.
- Intake of all the essential nutrients can activate your emotion controlling chemicals and decrease the mood swings.
- Make sure to take proper nap. Sleep deprivation leads to sadness, fatigue, anger and moodiness. Proper nap makes you cheerful and active for the whole day. Try to acquire no less than 8 hours of snooze a day. But not more than 9 hours.
- Loneliness is the key aspect of depression. Try to develop a social circle with your friends and family. You can also join a social group.
- Reduce stress in your life. Diminish the impact of over workload and uncooperative interactions.
- It is important to learn about your depression. Once you’ve got the knowledge of it, you can take care of the most severe factor of it. It would also help you to know that what intensity of treatment is needed.
- Try not to depend only on medications. Also add exercise and social activities with it. Drugs work best only if you turn the tiring lifestyle into the healthy lifestyle.
- Be patient. Because treatment always consume time. If it is slow, it doesn’t means that it is not working. It is absolutely normal. Revival has its ups and downs.