Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal is a topical remedy formulated to improve the nail appearance damaged by fungal infection and psoriasis. An easy application, Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal delivers results within a week’s time with its rapidly acting formula.
Our nails are one of the aesthetic features of our body. Neat and chic nails of our hands and feet add to our persona and design a wonderful liaison with handsomely groomed skin. Apart from aesthetic reasons, the health of nails represents an overall state of shape and fitness of our body. Many skin conditions affecting our skin pose an equal damage to our nails, leaving unsightly spoilt appearance with discoloration and disfigurement of nail structure.
Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal provides a fast acting and effective therapy for such conditions. The following review will see to its value and usefulness in bringing back the nails to their form and vigor.
Kerasal is a trusted name as far as foot care is concerned. Developed by researchers in Sweden, it established its footholds in Europe and then followed marketing in Canada. Kerasal soon became the favorite of podiatrists and dermatologists and continued its trip to the US. Kerasal products have attained clinical support via strong research backing and actual therapeutic sustenance.
The official web page cites some clinical studies pertaining to the effectiveness of Kerasal, which was conducted in 2001, 2003, 2006 and 2007. These trials established Kerasal as ‘podiatrists’ brand’ that “softens even the roughest, driest feet”. Kerasal enjoys recognition and support by the American Podiatric Medical Association and is recommended by such names as Ron Culp, head trainer of the Miami Heat, NBA teams.
The deal about Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal
Nail infections of any kind can be a mess with fungal infections being the most notorious ones, the reason being that fungal infections of nails develop too silently and slowly to attract attention. However, once developed, they leave your nails with
- Discoloration, with white, yellow or even blackened nails
- Disfigurement, with scaling under the nails
- Thickened, brittle and rugged appearance
- Broken and chipped off appendages, with crumbling corners
- Loss of nail
Similarly, psoriasis affects nails in an awful manner. The signs and symptoms of psoriasis might be confused with nail fungus with yellow discoloration of the affected site. Nails may also undergo pitting, thickening of the underlying skin, crumbled appearance with loosening and separation of the suffering nail.
Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal system penetrates deep into the nail structure and visibly brings about change within about a week. It is a proven safe remedy with no preservatives or odor causing elements. The formula is dispensed in a mess-free applicator, which makes it easier to apply the topical solution to the exact site of the nail, where required. Continued application brings relief in the following forms
- Reduced thickness of the nails
- Normalizes the discoloration back to original
- Softens brittle nails by rehydrating them
Ingredients of Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal
The keratolytic, hydrating and softening power of the Kerasal Fungal Nail renewal is brought about by the potent combination of ingredients like
- Propylene glycol
- lactic acid
- sodium hydroxide
- disodium EDTA
Keratolytic agents are more like peeling instrument that helps to soften and loosen up keratin, a major component of skin and nails. The keratolytic agents in Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal are lactic acid and urea.
Urea dissolves the intercellular matrix of the nail plate and the best part of the therapy is that it renders the keratolytic action only on the diseased part of the nail, sparing the healthy portion. That is why urea is used in dermatological preparations for psoriasis and fungal infections of the nails. Urea and lactic acid also improve the skin binding capacity for moisture, thus aiding in hydration of the nails.
Propylene Glycol acts as a humectant, solvent, and stabilizer. The humectant property aids in retaining moisture while the solvent one helps in mixing of one ingredient into another. The stabilizing property of Propylene Glycol steadies all the ingredients in a mixture. Propylene Glycol also enhances penetration of the solution into deeper layers. This quality is important in imparting an absorbing ability to the Kerasal remedy because nails are not good at absorbing topical solutions. Thus, this single ingredient softens and moisturizes the nails with enhancing the potency of other ingredients.
Glycerin is another component with moisturizing and humectant effects. Glycerin is often used to strengthen the nails. It prevents the brittle texture of the nails and keeps them from splits and cracks.
Scientific backing for the effectiveness of Kerasal remedy
The formula used in Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal is a patented one with sufficient scientific backing and support. One such study is presented briefly with the conclusion
The study was conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of urea, lactic acid and propylene glycol solution in clinically diagnosed cases of fungal infection of nails.
“Twenty-three patients with culture positive onychomycosis were treated topically twice daily for a 2-6 month with a solution containing 10 g urea, 15 g lactic acid, 4 g sodium hydroxide, 21 g water, and 50 g propylene glycol. The solution was effective in 21 of the 23 patients with a cure in two patients, marked improvement in 11 patients and improvement in eight of the patients. In the patients with marked improvement, some nails were often completely cured. The patients found the solution cosmetically attractive and no side effects were noticed by the patients”
The method of application of Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal
The Kerasal remedy is available in a plastic tube fitted with a silicone tip applicator, which delivers the convenience of use with no mess. The manufacturer suggests the following modus operandi to effectively treat nails damaged by fungus or psoriasis
- Apply directly to the affected area
- Apply a thin layer to nail, surrounding skin and under the free edge of the specific nail. Allow the solution to dry up
- Best time to apply is at night while going to bed so that the formula works overnight
- Continue treatment for eight weeks and depending on the severity of condition, three to six-month application may be mandatory
Precautions to the use of Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal
- Avoid contact with eyes and other mucous membranes
- Strictly for external use
- Do not apply nail polish while using this formula
- Abstain from use if you are allergic to any of the ingredient
- Keep out of reach of children
- Read all the instructions carefully before use and consult your dermatologist if condition worsens
The highlights of Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal
Here is a summary of the important points from customer point of view
- Patented formula, known to deliver result
- Ease of use and convenient one-time application per twenty-four hours does not hamper everyday activities
- Fast acting formula with removal of the damage caused by disease
- Improves the general condition of the nails regardless of any disease condition
- Initial improvement observed as early as the first week of continued application
- Can be used both on hands and feet
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association
- Can be used in pregnancy and while breastfeeding as it works locally
- Comparable and superior results than its counterparts
- Economical dosage that lasts a three-month application schedule for three nails
- A 3.75 stars rating at Amazon
“Quite amazing stuff. Cleared up some toenail discoloring in a matter of about ten days”
“After two weeks I see no improvement at all, but it may take longer. I’m not ready to say if it really does or does not work yet”
Cost and availability
Kerasal Fungal Nail Renewal can be obtained both online and as an over-the-counter prescription at various retail stores as Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS pharmacy etc. the cost of the product is about $17.69. The customers can avail discounts by subscribing for a regular supply.