No matter what age, we all love our hair and want to style them the way we want, without having to worry about any hair loss or damage, because the hair plays a great part in the way your look. Today, with a wide range of hair styling done and having almost no time for hair care; hair related problems are very common: the hair fall split ends and dandruff etc.
Although there are a variety of treatment plans and chemical treatments one can opt for, to make hair look healthy, thick and long, but why bother taking the risk to expose yourself to chemicals and waste handsome amount of money in treatments or surgeries when we have all the important and effective ingredients available right in our kitchens or around the corner local store? Yes, that’s right! We bring to you Home Remedies for natural hair growth. Adopt any of the following methods, depending upon your requirement, to get the effective and inexpensive results that you’ve always desired!
I. Ingredients Available at Home:
1. Onion Juice
It contains Sulphur that boosts up collagen tissue formation, aiding your hair to regrow.
- Take 2-4 onions and grate them.
- Squeeze to separate juice or grid.
- Massage the blended onion or the juice on your scalp
- Let it stay for almost 15 minutes- 1 hour time
- Wash with water and a mild shampoo
- You can also boil the onions for 5-10 minutes and then wash your hair with this onion water, after washing your hair with shampoo or shampoo after an hour after using onion water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- It excites hair follicles to help the hair grow faster.
- Cleanses scalp
- Keeps pH level of hair balanced
Directions: Mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with ¼ cup of water and rinse your hair with it, after shampooing.
- White Vinegar
- Makes hair look shiny and gives it a silky touch.
- Smoothens the hair cuticles
- Cleanses the oil buildup.
Directions: Mix ¼ cup of vinegar with ¼ cup of water and rinse your hair with it after shampooing.
- Egg Yolk
- Saves from split ends and brittle hair.
- Contains lecithin and proteins that strengthen and nourishes hair
- Has Sulphur that can help solve dandruff problems
- Take 2 eggs and separate yolks.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil in egg yolks. (you may also add 1 tbsp. honey)
- Apply the mask on hair and scalp and leave for up to 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair as usual
5. Banana Hair Mask
Contains Vitamins, potassium, natural oil, carbohydrates
- Helps soften hair
- Protects hair’s natural elasticity
- Prevents split ends and breakage
Create shine and growth, and controls dandruff.
i. Blend together a banana, avocado and coconut milk
ii. Apply the mixture on your hair
iii. Let it stay for 15- 20 minutes
iv. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Rich in Vitamins B and E
- Works at cellular level
- Strengthen, rejuvenates and moisturizes your hair and scalp.
- Vitamin E: Repairs damage to scalp
- Vitamin B: Effective for hair growth
- Popularly called ‘Methi’; rich in protein content
- Strengthens and moisturizes hair
- Used to treat dandruff
- Soak 2-3 tablespoons of Fenugreek seeds in bowl of water for about 24 hours
- Strain the seeds out and rinse your hair with that water
- Let the water stay in your hair for 3 hours at least.
- Wash your hair with water
- You may make a paste of ¼ cup of Coconut milk with Fenugreek seeds, apply on hair. Leave the mixture for almost an hour and then rinse off
- Potato Juice
It is rich in Vitamins A, B, and C.
- Grate 3-4 potatoes
- Squeeze the out from the grated potatoes
- Massage juice on your scalp
- Let it stay for at least 15 minutes
- Rinse off with water. If your hair is very dry, instead of using just the potato juice, you can use this potato hair mask
- Other Natural Home Remedy items:
- Aloe Vera
- Beetroot Juice
- Cayenne Pepper
- Coconut Milk
- Cumin Seeds
- DHT blockers(Saw Palmetto, Pumpkin Seed Oil)
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Green Tea
- Henna Pack
- Hibiscus Flower
- Lemon Juice
III. Oils Massages/ Hair Treatment
- Almond Oil
- Amla, Shikakai, Reetha Mixture
- Argan Oil
- Castor Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil
- Fish Oil
- Flaxseeds Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Olive Oil
- Rosemary Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
IV. Food for Hair
- Protein-Rich Foods items
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Conclusion: General Tips:
Apart from the natural home remedies, it is necessary that you try to apply the following tips in your daily life routine to ensure the growth of healthy, shiny, smooth long hair!
- Add Collagen/ Gelatin to your diet
- Make sure your Hormones are balanced
- Ensure that you have a healthy Scalp
- Thyroid Fitness is of prime importance
- A big ‘No’ To Hair Irons and Hair Styling Products
- Regular Trimming (after every 3 months at least)
- Brush your hair not only straight but also Upside Down
This enhances the circulation of blood thus improving process of hair growth
- Massage your hair with oil, at least once a week.
- If possible, leave the oil on your hair overnight.
- If you are not comfortable leaving oil in the hair, you can always use the warm towel treatment: Dip your towel in hot water. Squeeze out the extra water and wrap on your oiled hair. This will help the oil to reach deeper into your hair follicles, giving out more effective results.