Organic coconut oil by Nutrition Hacks promises to deliver a life changing health experience via their product, which the manufacturer has marketed as coconut oil capsules.
Coconut oil is the latest whim in health and nutrition and it is retailed in different forms in the market. You can find this product as oil form, combined with other oils, encapsulated dosage, and others. Nutrition hacks is a company known for manufacturing over-the-counter supplements for general health and well-being of the community at all levels. The brain behind Nutrition Hacks is Andrew Raposo, who is a well-known CSEP Certified Personal Trainer and Strength Coach, from Ontario, Canada.
What comes to your mind when you think of coconuts? Some sandy beach on a far away island, rejuvenating while sipping on coconut water from fresh coconuts and pina coladas… latest research and studies have revealed more to coconuts than being just a tropical fruit with culinary purposes. Different supplement companies and organic suppliers have embarked on an endeavor to get the best and purest forms of coconut oil. The following review will analyze the quality and thus the effectiveness of Organic Coconut Oil by Nutrition Hack.
The highlights of Organic Coconut oil by Nutrition Hacks
The initial marketing of the coconut oil was generally done in its original liquid form and consumers were advised to take spoonfuls according to their weight for achieving different health benefits out of it. Normally, consumers could use the oil in hot beverages. With the advent of packaging and formulation technology, capsules and soft gels have become a convenient form of taking a coconut oil recommendation. There are many benefits of coconut oil capsules, some of which are
- The encapsulation of the oil has removed any skepticism regarding the state of the freshness of the dispensed coconut oil (though this tropical oil is highly resistant to rancidity). The speculative concerns about whether the coconut oil is fresh or to take it as a solid or liquid become irrelevant.
- Coconut oil capsules are convenient to carry, whether you are traveling long distances or simply picking up the kids from school.
- The capsule packaging delivers a measured dose that can be increased according to individual requirements or adjusted in lieu of any side effects.
The advantages that accompany the encapsulation form of coconut oil parallel the product under discussion. Nutrition Hacks claim the following traits for their coconut oil soft gel capsules
- Contain 100% coconut oil from an organic source
- Only the extra virgin quality of coconut oil is used
- Formulated in a capsule form to deliver ease of ingestion
- The ingredients are free from any chemical solvents
- An effective amount of coconut oil is encapsulated to deliver efficiency without any side effects
- The expiry date of the capsule preparation is mentioned on the bottle
A reflection on the quality and grade of the subject oil
We researched a bit on how to weigh the quality of any coconut oil to compare it with the Organic Coconut oil presented by Nutrition Hacks and here is the output evaluated:
- The less processed and refined, the superior the nutritional quality
Non-virgin varieties and RBD grade oils are a big no. RBD stands for refined, bleached and deodorized, which leaves the oil with tasteless and odorless character. Virgin coconut oil is made using a fresh yield without heat and chemicals, preserving the nutrient content of the fruit.
The Coconut oil presented by Nutrition Hacks is extra virgin, implying that it has undergone virtually no processing procedures.
- Organically grown coconut source
The oil source used by Nutrition Hacks is organic in nature, with all the nutritional content intact. A good quality coconut oil is high in Lauric acid content, which is obtainable if the sourced trees are mature and old.
The Organic Coconut oil by Nutrition Hacks contains Lauric acid and caprylic acid, both of which are medium chain fatty acids, a detail responsible for the plug created for coconut oil.
- Method of extraction of oil
Coconut oil is extracted via an expeller process or a cold pressed procedure. The former is a mechanical method pressing the oil from the fruit but it yields natural heat, which is controlled within a limit of 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Cold pressed oil yields superior quality oil with more time and energy consumption that delivers a better taste.
The Coconut Oil under discussion is expeller-pressed with no chemical solvents used in its processing.
- The physical traits of coconut oil
A superior grade coconut oil should smell and taste like coconut, odorless and tasteless oil is an indicator of application of a refined procedure. The color should be snow white with the oil melting in your hands (that is the body temperature) to a clear water appearance. The oil should be free of any smoky smell and taste.
However, the Organic Coconut oil is an encapsulated form; it might be difficult to know the physical traits.
- The price of the product
With a good quality product, the price is augmented because of the ultimate care is taken to maintain its quality.
Usually, a good quality coconut oil gives you a shelf life of two years.
Why employ Organic Coconut Oil by Nutrition Hacks into your lives?
Coconut oil is termed as one of the super foods found in nature. The reason behind the extensive research and exploration of this particular oil is the fact that it is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids, though it is classified under the heading of saturated fats (the bad ones) in biochemistry. So how come a saturated fat is good for you and why an accelerating hype is created for this oil? Here are some facts
Coconut oil is saturated, affirmative.
“Coconut oil is about 90% saturated fat, which is a higher percentage than butter (about 64% saturated fat), beef fat (40%), or even lard (also 40%). Too much-saturated fat in the diet is unhealthy because it raises “bad” LDL cholesterol levels, which increases the risk of heart disease. So it would seem that coconut oil would be bad news for our hearts”,
Wrong, here is how
According to the food pyramid, we are supposed to take 20-30% of fats in our diet every day for the reason that these fats boost up the HDL levels in our bodies, which is the healthy cholesterol. Coconut oil is the biggest catalyst for this boost because more than half of the saturated fat in coconut oil is Lauric acid, the 12-C variety. This medium chain fatty acid is probably responsible for the shove coconut oil is able to give to HDL. The ability of coconut oil to contribute to the body’s cholesterol is different from its counterparts on account of medium chain fatty acids.
Furthermore, the medium chain fatty acids present in coconut oil undergoes a three-step metabolism, unlike its counterparts, thus releasing energy promptly instead of being stored (the reason for many to advocate it regarding fat loss).
Being a plant based fat; coconut oil is not merely a source of fat but many antioxidants that fight the free radicals and the resulting inflammation in our bodies.
Medical research has backed its many benefits; some of them are described briefly as
- Proven efficient energy source for the brain in patients with Alzheimer’s
- Helps clear any kidney or urinary tract infection owing to its anti-microbial properties
- By raising the HDL levels, helps lower LDL levels and brings down blood pressure, thus aiding any heart condition simultaneously
- By virtue of its anti inflammatory properties and being an analgesic, coconut oil is proven to help pain and inflammation of arthritic conditions
- The ketogenic diet is shown to help cancer patients, as the cancer cells are dependent on glucose for energy. The medium chain fatty acids metabolize to produce ketones as energy source thus, cancer cells regress.
- The ability of ketones to get access to brain cells without any restriction has made the coconut oil a great tonic for memory and recall in older patients.
- Coconut improves metabolism, energy levels and physical endurance.
- Strengthen the skin and its appendages as hair and nails
- Prevents tooth decay
- Coconut oil is propagated as a great aid for weight loss due to its unique energy producing properties
- Coconut oil is known for its hormone balancing act, promoting estrogen balance especially during menopause
Cost of Organic Coconut Oil by Nutrition Hacks
The cost of a single bottle with 60 capsules, ensuring a month supply at a dosage schedule of two gel capsules per day, is about $69. As the order increases, discount follows with savings of $120 on three bottles and $300 on a six-bottle package.
All the orders are accompanied with free shipping and handling, being covered by a 90-day money back guarantee.
Final say on Organic Coconut Oil by Nutrition Hacks
The benefits of coconut oil cannot be denied, especially when the source is organic, it meets the standard for quality extraction procedure, formulated in a convenient form as the Organic Coconut oil by Nutrition Hacks.
However, we found one glitch regarding the product, i.e. its effectiveness for achieving weight loss. The dose of coconut oil for losing weight is much higher than dispensed in a capsule form, according to some researchers. Therefore, if you are purchasing the encapsulated form of coconut oil for weight loss purposes, you might not find it an effective tool.
Nevertheless, the Organic Coconut Oil by Nutrition Hacks is observed to be qualifying the standard criteria for its specific up shots regarding general health and verve.